[USRP-users] type of data in USRP N210

Marcus D. Leech mleech at ripnet.com
Sat Nov 4 12:32:50 EDT 2017

On 11/04/2017 12:26 PM, Ivan Zahartchuk wrote:

> I want to generate about 1000 sines in the 50 MHz band. But I am faced
> with a situation where USRP does not have output power. I generate an
> array of zeros and set the non-zero values ​​at the right frequencies.
> I do the reverse fft and send it to USRP.
So, like OFDM?

The maximum output power for daughtercards that are compatible with N210
is about +20dBm.  You haven't mentioned which daughtercard you're using.

So, if you're operating at 50MHz bandwidth, that's not a lot of power
for each of your 1000 spectral bins.  Also, at 50Msps, you can *ONLY*
use 8-bit samples
   over the wire, since 1GiGe can only support 50e6 x (8+8) bits/second.