[USRP-users] Ettus N210 + LFRX

Marcus D. Leech mleech at ripnet.com
Thu Nov 2 15:59:14 EDT 2017

On 11/02/2017 07:14 AM, Simon Olvhammar via USRP-users wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am wondering what minimum and maximum power the LFRX daughter board
> can handle.
> Would the ADC be able to detect e.g. a high SNR QAM-16 signal at -70dBm?
>
> Best regards
> Simon

Yes, I would imagine that -70dBm would be within the range of detectable
signals of the "Naked" ADC (buffered by LFRX).

The "reference" power level of the ADC on the N210 is somewhere around
+7dBm (from memory), and it has 14 bits resolution, so roughly 84dB of
dynamic range, which definitely puts you in a region where -70dBm
shouldn't be a problem.