[USRP-users] Getting the daughterboard installed in a connected USRP through the C++ API

Janos Buttgereit janos.buttgereit at fh-muenster.de
Thu Nov 2 05:03:58 EDT 2017

Hi,

for my current project, I’d like to build up a nice GUI leading the user step by step to set up a connection to a usrp that should work with all setups possible. For this, it would be great to get some information about what daughterboards are installed into each motherboard slot of a multi_usrp, that was already created before.
I can’t find an obvious api call for that. I was looking for something like std::string multi_usrp::get_dboard_name_in_mboard_slot(size_t mboard, std::string slot) that would for an example return something like "SBX“ when calling usrp->get_dboard_name_in_mboard_slot(0, "A“) but I didn’t find anything similar. However I’m pretty sure that there is a way to do this. Could someone give me a hint on how to get that information out of the API? By the way, the same applies to the possible antenna specs the user can choose between after having identified the dboard, however if that’s not possible I could resolve this by implementing a lookup table with all Antenna options for all dboards under the hood.

Thank you in advance
Janos