[USRP-users] Using a reference clock on USRP E310/312

Cho, Daniel J (332C) daniel.j.cho at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Jul 25 18:40:21 EDT 2017

Hello -

I have 2 USRPs (both E310/E312) which I want to sync up using an external clock.  I read that the embedded series cannot take in a 10MHz reference clock but can take in a 1PPS.  I generated a 1 PPS signal using a signal generator and using a power splitter, I sent the 1PPS signal to both USRPs via the sync port on the USRPs.  When I try to run an example programs (rx_samples_to_file on one USRP and tx_samples_from_file on the other USRP) using the ref argument, it says that the ref argument is not supported.   How can I sync up the two USRPs?

Thanks