[USRP-users] Dual TwinRX in X310

Eugene Grayver eugene.grayver at aero.org
Thu Jul 20 21:36:41 EDT 2017

This is not a question, but a note for others:

I have two TwinRX boards in an X310.  Connected using dual 10 GbE links to the PC.  FPGA type XG is loaded.  Both links get detected by uhd_usrp_probe.

I was trying to stream all four channels at 100 Msps.  My subdev is "A:0 A:1 B:0 B:1".  I did not specify any args.  This is a simple standalone C++ executable, received data is being dropped on the floor.

I can stream 3 channels no problem, but with 4 channels, I get continuous timeouts or overflows.  With 3 channels, I am only using about ¼ of the CPU resources.  Only one of the 10G links is being used - one link is just enough for 3 channels (100e6 * 16 * 2 * 3 = 9.6 Gbps).  The fourth channel would not fit.  I tried adding --args "addr0=192.168.40.2,addr1=192.168.30.2", but that causes none of the streamers to start at all.   Turns out (https://kb.ettus.com/X300/X310), the syntax for the addr is: "addr=<Primary IP>,second_addr=<secondary IP>"  Pure luck I found it :)

Eugene Grayver, Ph.D.
Aerospace Corp., Sr. Eng. Spec.
Tel: 310.336.1274