[USRP-users] Centos 6.5 with X310??

Anon Lister listeranon at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 20:37:15 EDT 2017

Preface: all this talks about uhd+gnuradio, uhd itself has far more slim
deps.

Last I used PyBOMBs (grcon last year) it didn't work too well on C6. Things
may have changed.
I know it was pushed pretty hard at grcon. I have gotten GR installed
thanks to Ben Hilbern's back port[1], but always built uhd 3.9 for the
Cent6/7 installs.

At a minimum I think you'll need newer python + a few modules, newer gcc(or
clang/icc?), C++11 is only partially implemented on C6 stock gcc, not sure
if uhd requires it (yet), possibly boost, though 1.48 might work.

CentOS 7 I think I still had to source build some deps, but I might be
mistaken. Either way it will be a much better experience getting it going.

I believe Ubuntu 16.04 LTS is the most tested. If your security folks or
whatever are willing that would probably be the best experience.

You could try to follow the building steps in Ben's blog for uhd, (sub in
same cmake arguments) and if it doesn't work, try Cent 7, or if RHEL isn't
a hard requirement, just install latest LTS Ubuntu.

[1] https://bhilburn.org/installing-gnu-radio-on-centos-6-8/amp/

On Jul 18, 2017 4:49 PM, "Martin Braun via USRP-users" <