[USRP-users] ֻC API questions

Sivan Toledo stoledo at tau.ac.il
Sun Jul 16 06:10:48 EDT 2017

Thanks Marcus.

The dependency of UHD on boost is not an issue; if they are both installed
from Ubuntu packages, they link without a problem. The problem was that my
code, compiled on one machine, did not link (wrong .so files) with a
different version of boost. I think that I can fix that in my C++ client by
removing the depenency on boost in my code.

This still leaves another binary compatibility problem that I encountered,
that gcc in different versions of Ubuntu generates different symbols for
C++ functions, causing linking problems when an .so file from one version
of Ubuntu is used on another version.

Hopefully the move to the C API will resolve the second problem. The first
is indeed easier to solve.