[USRP-users] E310 GPIO

Marcus D. Leech mleech at ripnet.com
Fri Jul 14 16:57:30 EDT 2017

On 07/11/2017 11:56 AM, Will Thompson via USRP-users wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> So I’m thinking of starting a project with the E310 that requires high
> accuracy control of a switch.
>
> Basically I need to receive a single RF sample (@1MHz) (1us), then
> send a signal via the GPIO on a second sample (2us), and then receive
> a signal again on the third sample (3us) and alternate between these
> functions for a period of time.
>
> I was wondering if anyone has experience with controlling the GPIOs on
> the E310, and knows how accurate you can synchronise the signal
> outputs with RF received samples? i.e. Can I synchronise the GPIO
> signalling and the received RF sampling down to micro seconds?
>
> Also, if anyone has any good resource links for the E310 and GPIO
> could you pass them on please?
>
> Kind regards
>
> Will

The GPIO interface is normally accessed using UHD host-side API
elements, which operate asynchronously to the sample stream, so there's
no way
   to guarantee really-tight timing.

You'd likely need to dive into FPGA coding to achieve this type of
application.

https://files.ettus.com/manual/page_gpio_api.html

Has a little bit of information, but deep answers to your query can be
found in the FPGA source code.