[USRP-users] Making Antenna Array using SDR

Kyeong Su Shin ksshin at uw.edu
Fri Jul 14 13:47:19 EDT 2017

Hello Ozair Iqbal,

You can't (without using more SDR transceivers or making major
modifications to the hardware). USRP-2901 (USRP B210) is only capable of
2x2 MIMO. You can switch between TX/RX and RX2 ports, but you cannot
receive from all antenna ports concurrently (USRPs with switchable
daughterboards may let you break down one I-Q RX chain to two, but B210
isn't the one).

You will have to get more boards and synchronize them together using a
common clock, or develop an algorithm that works with 2 antennas (+ 2
switchable antenna ports).

Regards,
Kyeong Su Shin