[USRP-users] Removing the whole LO signal when transmitting

mleech at ripnet.com mleech at ripnet.com
Fri Jul 14 11:56:46 EDT 2017

LO suppression in mixers is never perfect.  Consider that the LO signal
is entering the mixer at a level of perhaps +7dBm, there's 62dB of LO
suppression, which is pretty good.

On the transmit side, using LO offset doesn't *suppress* the LO, it just
moves it to a place that is convenient for analog filtering.

Nearly every type of superhet or direct-conversion TX chain has this
issue, and it's just a question of where the LO lives with respect to
your desired carrier and your analog filtering capability.