[USRP-users] RFNoC timing clarification

Jason Matusiak jason at gardettoengineering.com
Wed Jul 12 12:20:32 EDT 2017

I have a timing question that has me going in circles, I don't
understand how the USRP timestamps work when using RFNoC.

In a normal system, packets have timestamps with them (or at least the
first one does) and you can compute the time of any samples based on the
timestamp, sample rate, and number of samples since the timestamp, right?

Now, if I am using RFNoC, the timestamps aren't attached to the samples,
right?  Where does that timestamp get associated:  Further down the stream?