[USRP-users] Safe mode image install error

Marcus Müller marcus.mueller at ettus.com
Wed Jul 12 11:19:36 EDT 2017

Hi Thomas!

The point is that the FPGA image doesn't contain the IP address – that
is stored, separately, on the EEPROM.

So, as soon as you're in safe mode, use the usrp_burn_mb_eeprom tool
that came with UHD (depending on your OS and way of installing, it might
be somewhere like /lib64/uhd/utils/usrp_burn_mb_eeprom).

Now, it's not clear at this point why a USRP set to 192.168.10.1 doesn't
work if ...2 works. But we should probably first re-set the IP address
and subnet mask of the USRP to a known value first, before we proceed
figuring out what might be wrong.

Best regards,

Marcus