[USRP-users] CW signal shown at center frequency

Cho, Daniel J (332C) daniel.j.cho at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Jul 10 13:04:00 EDT 2017

Hello -

I am using two USRP E310s with on transmitting and one receiving.  I had one USRP transmit a CW tone at 4.2 GHz and had the other USRP receive at 4.205 GHz.  For some reason, I see two peaks, one at the expected frequency (5 MHz offset from center) and one at center frequency.

[cid:image001.png at 01D2F963.DD2B0BB0]

Is there a reason for the peak at center frequency?

Also, when trying to capture at 20 MHz bandwidth, I am setting the master clock rate at 20e6 and the rx/tx rate at 20e6.  Is that correct?  Or do I have to double the master clock rate?

Thanks,
Daniel Cho