[USRP-users] Overflows (D) when receiving nsamps more than once

Pope, Adrian P adrian.p.pope at lmco.com
Sat Jul 8 20:34:30 EDT 2017

Hello,

I have several x310s equipped with TwinRxs, and I'm having an issue with consecutive receives using STREAM_MODE_NUM_SAMPS_AND_DONE.

To illustrate my issue, I will refer to the uhd examples provided on github. I have built the original "rx_samples_to_file" example and can run it with no problem. However, if I modify it by simply duplicating the "recv_to_file" call or put it inside of a fore loop, I get an overflow (D) on every consecutive.  I saw a previous post, "[USRP-users] Overflows when doing repeated captures with X300<http://lists.ettus.com/pipermail/usrp-users_lists.ettus.com/2017-March/024174.html>", in which the same problem was reported, but there was some ambiguity as to whether the poster was using continuous or num samps and done mode. I USE THE "NSAMPS" ARGUMENT AND NO "DURATION" OR "TIME" ARGUMENT.

After some investigating it seems like a single packet is being left in the buffer. Can this be fixed? Or at least in the meantime, is there a way to avoid the delay that is caused by the out of order packet D overflow?

Thanks in advanced!
Adrian