[USRP-users] USRP B210 does not synchronize internal clock to ClockTamer

Tom Tsou tom.tsou at ettus.com
Wed Jul 5 15:06:22 EDT 2017

Hi George,

On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 4:38 AM, George Vardakis via USRP-users
<usrp-users at lists.ettus.com> wrote:
> I have two USRP B210 devices and a ClockTamer. For my MIMO application, i need the frequencies of the receiving streams of the two USRPs to match perfectly. I connect the ClockTamer to the devices, and set the output frequency of the clocktamer at 10MHz. To test whether it works properly, i transmit a sine wave from another device, and receive from my two USRPs. What i observe when i set the output frequency of the tamer, is that while at the first USRP the frequency of the received signal shifts (sign that the internal clock becomes in sync with the external), the signal received by the other USRP does not have the same behavior.

To clarify, are you simultaneously driving two B210 devices with a
single 10 MHz reference? How are the reference connections coupled?

If you test each single device individually with the 10 MHz source,
does each device lock to the reference?

  -TT