[USRP-users] Estimate the SNR at the receiver

Βασίλης Τσέκενης billy_tsek at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 4 16:10:58 EDT 2017

Hello everyone,
It's the third time that I post something here and I would like to express my thankfulness because reading Questions/Answers helped me in completing my bachelor thesis in MIMO-OFDM systems using USRP N210 and MATLAB.
At the time, I have 3 final questions to solve (in MATLAB) and I would be glad if someone can help me. I am sending OFDM packets (bursts), receive them, keep one burst, synchronize (with preamble) and demodulate correctly.
1) I would like to know how to find SNR at the receiver without any build-in function of MATLAB. I came up with energy detector (I heard I can find SNR also with this) but it didn't help me so I use sync based on preamble. 2) What it the Transmin Power of USRP? I can only adjust Tx and Rx gain.. (Try to confirm Free Space Loss Model)3) Is there an easy method to find Banwidth of transmitted signal?

Thank you in advance,Basil Tsekenis