[USRP-users] control USRP B200mini without PC ?

Marcus Müller marcus.mueller at ettus.com
Thu Mar 31 16:56:38 EDT 2016

Extending what Marcus L. said:

No, the B200(mini) is meant to be controlled by a host computer. That
host computer doesn't have to be a grey PC tower, though, but could also
be something like a smart phone or industrial mini PC.
I don't really see where you're going with your
simulink-on-microcontroller thing; usually, Simulink models /can/ be run
on a PC, and don't have to be run on a microcontroller. More
importantly: The B200mini will give you data rates that would be much,
MUCH higher than what I'd consider a microcontroller.

So, let's ask the other way around: What sampling rates, and algorithms
does your digital communications system need? Have you verified it works
with something as powerful as your PC? Will it work with something
having much less CPU power?

Generally, software defined radio can be quite challenging for a processor!

Best regards,
Marcus