[USRP-users] Single Board PC with B210

Marcus D. Leech mleech at ripnet.com
Tue Mar 29 15:46:06 EDT 2016

On 03/29/2016 03:29 PM, Jeremy Hershberger via USRP-users wrote:
> I recently tried to run a B210 with Odroid's XU4 platform (Ubuntu
> 15.04, latest UHD) and found that I was only achieve about 20MS/s
> 2-channel RX in benchmark_rate without overflows.  I was really
> disappointed by this result as the xu4 has a multi-core processor and
> 2xUSB 3.0 ports.  It seemed to be capable of running the B210 at full
> capacity...on paper anyways.
>
> Has anyone had better experience with single board PC's (not just from
> Odroid) and the USB3-based USRPs (b200/b210)?
>
> Cheers,
>
> -Jeremy

The XU4 is based on a multi-core ARM clocked at 2-ish GHz.  You CANNOT
expect comparable performance from an SBC, low-power,
   ARM chip as you get from an X86 clocked at the same rate. Different
architectures.

I'm aware of an interferometer experiment running at 2 X 12.5Msps with a
B210.  That's as much as it can do, and the flow-graph had to be
   carefully tweaked to even achieve that.