[USRP-users] Filling gaps resulting from overruns, issue with (probably) power saving in USRP B210

Piotr Krysik perper at o2.pl
Tue Mar 29 13:45:44 EDT 2016

W dniu 29.03.2016 o 17:36, Sylvain Munaut pisze:
>> Nobody is answering so maybe I'll ask a shorter question:
>>
>> There is a mechanism in the B210 FPGA that is turning off receiving
>> chain when nothing is streamed to the PC. It is also turning off the
>> receiving chain on any buffer overrun in the USRP and this isn't a
>> feature but a bug.
> I never heard of such a mechanism and it would be non-trivial to
> implement so I somehow doubt it exists because I don't see why would
> anyone have ever taken the time to implement that given there is no
> advantages to it anyway ...
>

> Cheers,
>
>     Sylvain

Hi,

In the previous e-mail I have pointed few indicators that there is such
mechanism (like amplitude changes after each buffer overrun, when
recorded was GSM signal). For the next proof that it is the case look at
the video:

https://youtu.be/8pkpijfyq2c

With each overrun there is correlated turning off of a LED corresponding
to the receiving chain (it indicates that the receiver is working).

Best Regards,
Piotr Krysik