[USRP-users] How to calculate packets live from USRPN200 hardware

Marcus Müller marcus.mueller at ettus.com
Tue Mar 29 09:01:29 EDT 2016

Mariam,

the point still is that the USRP really doesn't know (and care) what
your samples mean. To the USRP, these are just relative voltage values.
The fact that it's data is up to your software's interpretation of these
values; you can't transmit "bits" over the air, but you can transmit a
waveform that can be interpreted as such.

So, a USRP can't forward "data"; it just receives RF signal, makes a
digital signal out of it, gives that to a PC, which might then do
something with that, eg. take the same digital numbers and give it to a
USRP to make a TX signal out of it.

I'm having a bit of a hard time understanding in what kind of "deadlock"
you are. That is probably because I don't understand you correctly;
could you explain your problem?

Best regards,
Marcus