[USRP-users] B200mini X1

Steven Knudsen ee.knud at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 23:28:21 EDT 2016

Thanks very much for the confirmation.

And thanks for opting for the really stable option.

I am looking at details for holdover when 1 PPS is not available. This is relevant to TDMA systems, among other things.

An obvious question that the list or Ettus may be able to help with, and that saves me looking into the FPGA source, is whether or not the DAC setting for the VCTCXO is saved periodically while there is an external reference? I hope so :-)  I am assuming there is a simple control loop for the DAC value, guessing a PID or something.

I recently had to develop a comparable clock discipline subsystem for a radio that was being refitted with digital technologies and that would be expected to operate with or without GPS and support ranges in excess of 30 km. Loads of fun.

Thanks again for the quick response!

steven

Steven Knudsen, Ph.D., P.Eng.
www. techconficio.ca
www.linkedin.com/in/knudstevenknudsen

Der entscheidende Augenblick der menschlichen Entwicklung ist immerwährend. Darum sind die revolutionären geistigen Bewegungen, welche alles Frühere für nichtig erklären, im Recht, denn es ist noch nichts geschehen. - Franz Kafka