[USRP-users] USRP TX In Windows

Derek Kozel derek.kozel at ettus.com
Tue Mar 22 15:02:20 EDT 2016

Hello Nyjil,

As you found ExtIO does not implement the extra commands that HDSDR uses to
transmit. In order to get HDSDR's transmit functionality to work with the
USRP1 you will need to add the commands to the ExtIO software. Information
about getting the source code is located on the developer's website,
http://wiki.spench.net/wiki/USRP_Interfaces. Unfortunately development of
HDSDR seems to be idle as the last release was November 2013.

I do not know of other software which easily does transmissions of Amateur
Radio modes on Windows. You can construct GNU Radio flowgraphs which will
do any mode and on Linux there is SoDaRadio which provides easy FM and CW
operation.

There are beta versions of Windows installers for GNU Radio here.
http://www.gcndevelopment.com/gnuradio/index.htm

https://sourceforge.net/projects/sodaradio/

Regards,
Derek