[USRP-users] uhd::usrp::multi_usrp::make does not return with max buffer size not set

Marcus Müller marcus.mueller at ettus.com
Tue Mar 22 11:24:58 EDT 2016

Hi Tyler,

hm, interesting; I've never seen this happen myself (but I'm no Mac
user, and this is OS-specific).
Now, I *presume* this happens in our Boost::asio code, but it's a bit
hard to tell.
So, first question straight off: I notice you have *very* recent boost,
but a rather old UHD; is that intentional?
What values did you set in systcl.conf?
So, I have a strong suspicion in which Boost function that output
happens[1], but it's hard to track where the program flow hangs afterwards.
What's especially interesting: We've got a number of exception handlers
in the USRP2/N2x0 classes, and maybe one of these wrongfully catches the
exception Boost throws.

So: can you run your program in lldb:

1. start your program:
-- Current send frame size: 1472 bytes
ERROR: set_option: No buffer space available
{here it hangs}

2. in lldb, attach to your program (replace "12345" by the PID of your
hanging program)

lldb
> attach 12345
> bt