[USRP-users] USRP under run when when trying to send messages in a low rate

Damindra Bandara damindra.bandara at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 11:22:10 EDT 2016

Hi Marcus,

Thank you for getting back to me. Here is the description of my application.

I want to get the user messages and transmit it via USRP. Since the
messages are infrequent I am use a beacon message to keep the message
stream  alive. I use QPSK as the modulation scheme. A beacon message is
transmitted in every second. At the receiving end I extract the application
level message and output it. I am using Etuss USRP N200 to test the setup.

The problem is that I do not receive the message at the other end. When I
observe the constellations at the receiver  it shows that the QPSK
demodulator does not remain synchronized. Also I observed  'UUUUUU'  at the
transmitter end.(which is due to an under run at the USRP).

 If I transmit a file using this setup it works fine. But when I transmit
messages it is not transmitting.

The transmitter end: application-->packet encoder --> QPSK modulator -->
USRP sink

Receiver end: USRP source --> Synchronization blocks --> QPSK demodulator
--> Packet decoder --> application

Let me know if you need further information. I really appreciate if you
could help me to solve this issue.

Thank you
Damindra