[USRP-users] uhd::usrp::multi_usrp::make does not return with max buffer size not set

Weaver, Tyler tweaver at lgsinnovations.com
Tue Mar 22 10:57:56 EDT 2016

Here is the std::out printout:

Mac OS; Clang version 6.1.0 (clang-602.0.49); Boost_106000; UHD_003.008.005-0-unknown

-- Opening a USRP2/N-Series device...
-- Current recv frame size: 1472 bytes
-- Current send frame size: 1472 bytes
ERROR: set_option: No buffer space available

At this point it just hangs as make does not return or throw an exception.  I can remove this error by setting values in /etc/sysctl.conf however I would like to detect when this error occurs so I can display a useful message in my GUI so the user knows what went wrong.

Thank you,
tyler