[USRP-users] Calculation of number of packets transferred and received

Claudio Cicconetti ccicconetti at mbigroup.it
Tue Mar 22 05:35:37 EDT 2016

Number of #UDP datagrams generated by sink / read by source = Sr / SPP

where:

Sr = your sample rate (see Marcus's detailed answer on this)

SPP = number of samples per packet, which depends on the wire encoding
and the configuration etc. if you leave default values everywhere should
be around 360 with USRP N Series devices (because Ethernet's MTU is 1500
and each sample requires 4 bytes, plus you have some IP/UDP/VITA overhead)

Example: with sample rate = 1 Msamples/s you have a UDP packet rate of
about 1000000/360 =~ 2800 packets/s.

Not sure if _this_ answers your questions, though.

Best regards,
Claudio