[USRP-users] Calculation of number of packets transferred and received

Marcus Müller marcus.mueller at ettus.com
Tue Mar 22 05:30:37 EDT 2016

Hi,

On 22.03.2016 10:19, Syed Aqeel Raza via USRP-users wrote:
> Can we calculate the sample rate of usrp source node and usrp transmission node.
Well, you/your application has to *set* that! So, yes, based on the data
rate you'll need, the modulation you're using, the channel coding you'll
use, the packet structure and the bandwidth your signal should occupy,
you should be able to calculate a feasible sampling rate.
> I don't want to use any third party application at this time. Is there any provision in USRP/ GNU radio for the calculation of number of samples (or packets)?
Without an application, there's no way to transmit data, so without an
application, there can also be no answer to your question.

I think you might have misconception on what a USRP is.
A USRP is not a device that you can feed in data on one end, and get the
same data out on a receiver USRP. A USRP is a software defined radio
frontend – you will need /software/ that takes your data and generates a
/signal/ out of it, and on the receiver side, you'll need some software
that takes the received signal and reconstructs the signal out of it.

GNU Radio, on the other hand, is just a framework to develop such
software. It comes with a few examples that you might use to actually
use to implement such a system as mentioned above, but how you
parameterize these examples is again: your job as the SDR
developer/user, and hence, /you/ define these numbers.

Best regards,
Marcus