[USRP-users] Calculation of number of packets transferred and received

Marcus Müller marcus.mueller at ettus.com
Tue Mar 22 05:08:48 EDT 2016

Hi Syed,

the USRP doesn't send packets; its only aware of streams of samples.
It's your application's job to take the video data packets, and
transform them to a stream of samples that can be transmitted over the air.
UDP packets don't have a fixed size, and the size of the network packets
containing the video data usually doesn't match the size of the packets
that one would optimally transmit over the air, so your transmitter
migth decide to split/merge UDP packets on a logical level to
transmission packets of a different size.

All this depends on the software YOU are running. None of this is
defined by the USRP, which really just takes samples.

Best regards,
Marcus