[USRP-users] [UHD] Release 3.9.3 Announcement

Martin Braun martin.braun at ettus.com
Mon Mar 21 17:37:38 EDT 2016

Everyone,

our release candidate behaved sufficiently well, and we've moved forward
tagging the release. It's available at
https://github.com/EttusResearch/uhd/tree/release_003_009_003.

There were two changes since the release candidate: One is a bugfix for
extremely rare cases where faulty data transport links (typically
high-speed ethernet) could cause lockups. The other is a change to
benchmark_rate. You can see we went back and forth on the latter, the
reason being due to a hiccup in our continuous integration system, we
accidentally merged code that didn't work with all the Boost versions we
currently support on the 3.9.X release cycle.
We decided to keep the entire history of this back-and-forth, including
the revert and the 'fixed fix' instead of squashing the history, but
none of this affects people who either use relatively recent Boost
versions, or who are simply updating their UHD version.
Despite the git commit history, the code changes between the RC and the
release are minimal.

We're already building binary installers, they will be available soon
along with the tarballs.

We strongly recommend everyone to upgrade their UHD version to 3.9.3.

Thanks to everyone who ran this RC and gave us feedback!

Cheers,
Martin

PS: Changelog:

## 003.009.003
* UBX: Fixed a phase synchronization issue on the sub-1GHz band
* USB: Fixed transport issue that crashed when multiple USB devices were
  connected on a Windows machine, more graceful handling of USB
  disconnects, provided .cdf file for installing on Windows
* B200: Fixed memory growth/increasing tune times issue
* E300: Fixed memory leak with udev, fixed issue with autoboot value,
  fixes to button behaviour
* usrp2, usrp3: Fixed IQ imbalance and DC bias in DDC chain
* CMake: Windows registry fixes
* Fixed several compiler warnings and minor bugs
* Examples: Updated benchmark_rate for improved thread safety