[USRP-users] USRP B210 and E310

Marcus D. Leech mleech at ripnet.com
Mon Mar 21 13:31:27 EDT 2016

On 03/21/2016 11:25 AM, Thomas Wagner via USRP-users wrote:
> I sent this message a few days ago.
>
> I have both a B210 and an E310.  I am using GRC.   I don't understand
> how to set up the ports with USRP source and sync to use the devices
> in MIMO mode.   I get single channel (B210) to work using the default
> ports.   I would like to transmit on one port and receive on two ports
> both channels I/Q to do phase comparison for radar processing.   I
> have the latest stable GNUradio and UHD.
> Can anyone please help with this?
>
> Regards,
> Tom

Something to understand about B2xx and E3xx, is that the RFFE chip
precludes any kind of 2x1 or 1x2 MIMO configuration--it's either
   1x1 or 2x2--this is a limitation of the RFFE chip, and "making it
nice" in the FPGA would consume a lot of space that is usefully occupied
   by other things.

Attached is an absolutely bare-bones flow-graph showing setup for 2x2
MIMO with a B210.