[USRP-users] E310 - Maximal rate for rx_samples_to_file example

Kyle A Logue kyle.a.logue at aero.org
Mon Mar 21 12:36:50 EDT 2016

You should definitely be able to maintain 1MSPS. We have a gang of the UHS-1 and UHS-3 cards and are happy with the performance. Remember that the spec on the outside of the box (300 MB/s!) is only for the first 50 megabytes or whatever cache they have onboard. Look up sustained write speeds for a better estimate.

I'd recommend writing to /var/volatile/tmp or /run since you won't run into a bottleneck of write speed writing to the ram-disk, just file size.

Kyle Logue · The Aerospace Corporation · ETG-DCID · Senior MTS · 310.336.3038 · kyle.logue at aero.org<mailto:kyle.logue at aero.org>