[USRP-users] txrx_loopback_to_file and B200mini ERROR_CODE_LATE_COMMAND

Steven Knudsen ee.knud at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 19:54:06 EDT 2016


Yes, I saw all that in the diff. Cool.

For the record, in a loopback to a single B200mini, I was able to get good results for tx gain of 80 and rx gain of 31. There is 30 dB attenuation between tx and rx. At least the SINE captured to file looked clean. I’ve not been exhaustive about this…

thanks again,

steven

Steven Knudsen, Ph.D., P.Eng.
www. techconficio.ca
www.linkedin.com/in/knudstevenknudsen

Der entscheidende Augenblick der menschlichen Entwicklung ist immerwährend. Darum sind die revolutionären geistigen Bewegungen, welche alles Frühere für nichtig erklären, im Recht, denn es ist noch nichts geschehen. - Franz Kafka

> On Mar 16, 2016, at 16:46, Michael West <michael.west at ettus.com> wrote:
> 
> Glad to help.  I changed a whole 2 lines.  The time_spec in the tx_metadata_t was getting set to a time that was already passed by the time of the first send() call.  Hence, the L's.  Changing has_timespec in the tx_metadata_t from true to false told the TX to ignore the time_spec and all was good.  The second line changed was the time_spec in the RX stream command to make it relative to the current time on the device to ensure the full settling time was used.  It's all about the time_spec's, baby!
> 
> Regards,
> Michael
> 
> On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 3:33 PM, Steven Knudsen <ee.knud at gmail.com <mailto:ee.knud at gmail.com>> wrote:
> Wow, thanks so much for the fast turn on this. 
> 
> I was pretty sure it was user/noob error and will try this ASAP. Of course, I am curious so will do a diff…
> 
> ta,
> 
> steven
> 
> 
> Steven Knudsen, Ph.D., P.Eng.
> www. techconficio.ca <http://techconficio.ca/>
> www.linkedin.com/in/knudstevenknudsen <http://www.linkedin.com/in/knudstevenknudsen>
> 
> Der entscheidende Augenblick der menschlichen Entwicklung ist immerwährend. Darum sind die revolutionären geistigen Bewegungen, welche alles Frühere für nichtig erklären, im Recht, denn es ist noch nichts geschehen. - Franz Kafka
> 
>> On Mar 16, 2016, at 16:30, Michael West <michael.west at ettus.com <mailto:michael.west at ettus.com>> wrote:
>> 
>> Hi Steven,
>> 
>> It seems that there is a bug in the txrx_loopback_to_file example.  Try the attached version.  It worked for me on a B200mini.  I have filed an issue against UHD to have it fixed.
>> 
>> Regards,
>> Michael
>> 
>> On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 2:22 PM, Steven Knudsen via USRP-users <usrp-users at lists.ettus.com <mailto:usrp-users at lists.ettus.com>> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>> 
>> I’ve been trying to get this example to run with a B200mini. At first I tried to use two B200minis on one host (Linux Mint 17.3 MATE), but after finding this digest [1] I thought to switch to just one B200mini with transmit out the TX/RX and receive on RX2. Below is the output and clearly there is some error. It appears to be underflow.
>> 
>> The example is run from my account’s home directory, but no file is created. I suppose that’s because nothing is yet received, so it’s not opened.
>> 
>> Has anyone had success with this example and a B200mini?
>> 
>> Thanks very much!
>> 
>> steven
>> 
>> —————— 
>> 
>> knud 15:06:19 $/usr/local/lib/uhd/examples/txrx_loopback_to_file --tx-rate 250e3 --rx-rate 250e3 --tx-freq 450e6 --rx-freq 450e6 --tx-gain 50 --rx-gain 30 --nsamps 1000000 --settling=1 --tx-ant TX/RX --rx-ant RX2
>> linux; GNU C++ version 4.8.4; Boost_105400; UHD_003.010.git-156-g2d68f228
>> 
>> 
>> Creating the transmit usrp device with: ...
>> -- Detected Device: B200mini
>> -- Operating over USB 3.
>> -- Initialize CODEC control...
>> -- Initialize Radio control...
>> -- Performing register loopback test... pass
>> -- Performing CODEC loopback test... pass
>> -- Setting master clock rate selection to 'automatic'.
>> -- Asking for clock rate 16.000000 MHz... 
>> -- Actually got clock rate 16.000000 MHz.
>> -- Performing timer loopback test... pass
>> 
>> Creating the receive usrp device with: ...
>> Using TX Device: Single USRP:
>>   Device: B-Series Device
>>   Mboard 0: B200mini
>>   RX Channel: 0
>>     RX DSP: 0
>>     RX Dboard: A
>>     RX Subdev: FE-RX1
>>   TX Channel: 0
>>     TX DSP: 0
>>     TX Dboard: A
>>     TX Subdev: FE-TX1
>> 
>> Using RX Device: Single USRP:
>>   Device: B-Series Device
>>   Mboard 0: B200mini
>>   RX Channel: 0
>>     RX DSP: 0
>>     RX Dboard: A
>>     RX Subdev: FE-RX1
>>   TX Channel: 0
>>     TX DSP: 0
>>     TX Dboard: A
>>     TX Subdev: FE-TX1
>> 
>> Setting TX Rate: 0.250000 Msps...
>> -- Asking for clock rate 32.000000 MHz... 
>> -- Actually got clock rate 32.000000 MHz.
>> -- Performing timer loopback test... pass
>> Actual TX Rate: 0.250000 Msps...
>> 
>> Setting RX Rate: 0.250000 Msps...
>> Actual RX Rate: 0.250000 Msps...
>> 
>> Setting TX Freq: 450.000000 MHz...
>> Actual TX Freq: 450.000000 MHz...
>> 
>> Setting TX Gain: 50.000000 dB...
>> Actual TX Gain: 50.000000 dB...
>> 
>> Setting RX Freq: 450.000000 MHz...
>> Actual RX Freq: 450.000000 MHz...
>> 
>> Setting RX Gain: 30.000000 dB...
>> Actual RX Gain: 30.000000 dB...
>> 
>> Checking TX: LO: locked ...
>> Checking RX: LO: locked ...
>> Setting device timestamp to 0...
>> LLLLLLLLLLSError: Receiver error ERROR_CODE_LATE_COMMAND
>> 
>> 
>> [1] https://www.mail-archive.com/usrp-users@lists.ettus.com/msg01255.html <https://www.mail-archive.com/usrp-users@lists.ettus.com/msg01255.html>
>> 
>> Steven Knudsen, Ph.D., P.Eng.
>> www. techconficio.ca <http://techconficio.ca/>
>> www.linkedin.com/in/knudstevenknudsen <http://www.linkedin.com/in/knudstevenknudsen>
>> 
>> Der entscheidende Augenblick der menschlichen Entwicklung ist immerwährend. Darum sind die revolutionären geistigen Bewegungen, welche alles Frühere für nichtig erklären, im Recht, denn es ist noch nichts geschehen. - Franz Kafka
>> 
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> USRP-users mailing list
>> USRP-users at lists.ettus.com <mailto:USRP-users at lists.ettus.com>
>> http://lists.ettus.com/mailman/listinfo/usrp-users_lists.ettus.com <http://lists.ettus.com/mailman/listinfo/usrp-users_lists.ettus.com>
>> 
>> 
>> <txrx_loopback_to_file.cpp>
> 
> 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.ettus.com/pipermail/usrp-users_lists.ettus.com/attachments/20160316/d762f884/attachment-0002.html>


More information about the USRP-users mailing list