[USRP-users] Inquiry about status of X300 XGS image

Neel Pandeya neel.pandeya at ettus.com
Tue Mar 15 22:56:48 EDT 2016

Hello Claudio Cicconetti:

Although there are no known issues with the XGS image, it is not validated
like the HGS image is. You can certainly build and run the XGS image now,
and I would expect it to work. The XGS image is configured such that Port 0
must be 1 Gigabit Ethernet, and Port 1 must be 10 GbE. If you want to
reverse this assignment, then you would have to modify the Verilog code and
build a custom image. This kind of change should be relatively easy to do.
Note that you'll need Xilinx Vivado, Design Edition, version 2014.4 to
build an XGS image, and the free WebPack Edition will not work. Support for
dual 10 Gigabit Ethernet on both Ports 0 and 1 will be coming in UHD
version 3.10, which we expect to release sometime this summer.

--Neel Pandeya