[USRP-users] E310 Tx Rx Loopback using GNU Radio

Marcus Müller marcus.mueller at ettus.com
Mon Mar 14 13:30:48 EDT 2016

Hi Bhushan,

On 03/14/2016 01:48 PM, BHUSHAN PAWAR wrote:

>     If not, decrease (in case of clipping) or increase (in case of
>     amplitudes being too small) the gain, play with the RF frequency etc.
>     I'd say, a good setting would be if you feed in a tone, and the
>     digital amplitude of that would roughly be 0.4.
>
> As you have mentioned, I connected the blocks in GNU radio (Fin=435M,
> samp_rate=40k, BW=6M, gain= 60)  and analysed the file using
> gr_plot_psd_c. The results look just fine.
Great!

>     Next, instead of feeding a live signal into the USRP sink, start
>     e.g. with a baseband tone, generated by a signal source:
>
>         signal source(fsample=320e3, freq=16e3, ampl=0.4) -> USRP sink
>
>     You should be able to see that on your external measurment device.
>     If not, increase gain, etc.
>
> Now for the USRP sink, I connected, signal source(fsample=320e3,
> freq=16e3, ampl=0.4) -> USRP sink (ch0, ch1, centre freq=16e3,
> BW=320e3, gain=60).
No, that's not a possible parametrization of the USRP sink. Center freq
= 16kHz is impossible. The console output should clearly state that!
Try center frequency=435e6.
Center frequency is the frequency of the oscillator that will be used to
mix up the baseband signal.
Sampling rate should be the same as used with the signal source
(fsample=320e3).

Best regards,
Marcus