[USRP-users] Transmitting with the N210

Nate Temple nate.temple at ettus.com
Sat Mar 12 16:54:32 EST 2016

Hi David,

Here are a few things to test:

- Verify that the power supply is putting out 6.0v - 6.1v with a multimeter. The power supply is center pin positive. If not at 6v replace it, or replace it regardless because of the high pitched squealing.
- Verify that the UBX is fully seated into the N210
- Verify that the bulkhead connectors are fully tightened/seated.
- Check that the RX is working correctly on the UBX/N210 with uhd_fft

Which version of UHD are you using? The UBX should work with UHD v3.8.3 or above, but it is recommended to use the latest UHD v3.9.2.

Listed below are some specific things that you can check to verify whether or not your N200/N210 hardware is working correctly. If the answer to any of the questions listed below is "no", then there is probably a hardware problem.

* Does the fan spin?
* Do any of the LEDs on the front panel light up? Which ones? (http://files.ettus.com/manual/page_usrp2.html#usrp2_hw_leds)
* Are the lights on the Ethernet port flashing, when the N210 is connected to the host computer? Note that the N200/N210 must be connected to a 1 Gigabit Ethernet port. A 100 Mbps Ethernet port will not work.
* Check the voltages on these connectors on the motherboard:
- J105 (should be 2.5V);
- J104 (should be 3.3V);
- J107 (should be 1.2V).

Do you see the correct voltages on those connectors?

* Does the LED at D203 on the motherboard light up? If you're holding the N210 such that the front panel is facing you, then D203 is located near the left connector for the daughterboard.

Below are additional N200/N210 Resources

The User Manual page for the N200/N210 is at the link below.
http://files.ettus.com/manual/page_usrp2.html

Information about the LEDs can be found in the User Manual at the link below.
http://files.ettus.com/manual/page_usrp2.html#usrp2_hw_leds

- Nate