[USRP-users] Transmitting with the N210

Dave NotTelling dmp250net at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 09:58:40 EST 2016

I am having issues transmitting with my N210 using the UBX daughterboard.
The signal is so weak that I have to put another radio directly next to it
to even see the transmitted signal at all.  The transmit test was done
using osmocom_siggen and uhd_siggen_gui.  I tried cranking the gain and
amplitude up all the way in both interfaces and it's barely 1-2 dB above
the noise floor.  Additionally, the heatsink gets too hot to touch and the
power supply emits a high pitch squalling noise when the radio is actually
being used.  The power supply itself gets pretty warm too.  Is there
something that I am not doing right that could be causing this?  Maybe some
argument that I'm not passing in that I should be?

Thank you!

-David