[USRP-users] Settinng up GNU for USRP B200mini and Ubuntu 14.04lts

James Humphries james.humphries at ettus.com
Mon Mar 7 11:04:32 EST 2016

Hi Tyler,

As far as the python path, you can copy the suggested PATH from the end of
the script to your .bashrc file. The .bashrc file is a hidden file in your
home folder, View->Show Hidden Files. Add the suggested line to the end of
that script, it would look like:

export PYTHONPATH=<some path>

As far as the usrp userid, it has to do with this:

http://files.ettus.com/manual/page_general.html#general_threading

Basically, you will have to add a new group, call it usrp, and then add
your user to that group. Read the above link carefully, it explains what
exactly is needed.

After that, you should be able to run some scripts to test the usrp:

uhd_usrp_probe

And then open up gnuradio-companion to try out some tests:

gnuradio-companion

-Trip