[USRP-users] Settinng up GNU for USRP B200mini and Ubuntu 14.04lts

Marcus Müller marcus.mueller at ettus.com
Sat Mar 5 07:14:42 EST 2016

I wanted to add that if I was to set up a new system, there's no way I
would settle for a 2 years old Ubuntu LTS; the "long term support" ends
in August, this year[1] (2.3 years of support – I'd wonder what the
RedHat and CentOS people think of that understanding of "long term").

Ubuntu 14.04 has a lot of "bad" library versions (especially Boost is a
headache, but also libusb and others). If you're already used to Ubuntu
(and hence don't want to switch to a different distro), use the most
current one. You'll have to update in autumn this year, anyway, and
better then taking a "small" step forward then dealing with all the
things that changed over the last years at once. Also, a lot of things
simply got more "convenient", you get better driver support etc.

Best regards,
Marcus

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases