[USRP-users] Oversampling and Automatic Gain Control

Zhihong Luo zhluo at umich.edu
Sat Mar 5 01:17:29 EST 2016

Hi all,

I am using USRP x300, and I have two pretty basic questions after trying to
receive  a sparsely distributed pulse signal. For example, the signal will
be high-frequency sinusoidal for 1 us, then remains constant low for 28 us,
repeatedly.

The first question is that, since I want to do oversampling with a small
bandwidth to filter out the noises, I want to make sure that this can be
done by setting the bandwidth manually, and the sample rate won't affect
the bandwidth.

Secondly, the magnitude of my received data starts at a high value, then
drops and remains almost constant at a very low level, which makes it
difficult to tell whether there are any pulses. Someone told me that it
might be due to the automatic gain control (AGC). I didn't know much about
it, does X300 have this function? Can I somehow turn it off?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Zhihong Luo