[USRP-users] Settinng up GNU for USRP B200mini and Ubuntu 14.04lts

Marcus D. Leech mleech at ripnet.com
Fri Mar 4 14:36:41 EST 2016

On 03/04/2016 02:18 PM, Tyler Hudgins via USRP-users wrote:
> Hey,
>
> So I am new to the usrp platform and just purchased a B200mini. I was
> excited to crack it open and test some of its capabilities in gnuradio
> however it appears that the install of Gnuradio I had was not able to
> run any uhd blocks. After about a week of trial and error I managed to
> clutter my system with broken and multiple copies of the the same
> files. I am at the point now where I have cleanly removed anything
> related to gnu and usrp and I am looking for a fool proof way to
> reinstall gnuradio so that it will properly use the uhd modules and I
> can then use my shiny new b200mini.
>
> Any help/input is appreciated!
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Tyler Hudgins

I recommend a source install using build-gnuradio:

wget http://www.sbrac.org/files/build-gnuradio

chmod  755 ./build-gnuradio

./build-gnuradio -v

But you should also, for the sake of balance, look into PyBombs, and the
Installing Gnu Radio from source pages here:

http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/InstallingGRFromSource

The problem is that for the more conservative distros, like Ubuntu, it's
very likely that whatever they package will be out-of-date. Since
   the B200mini is quite new relative to the release of Ubuntu 14.04,
there won't be any support, and what is there will be older, so
   missing features and bug-fixes.