[USRP-users] the text file communication between two usrps

Marcus Müller marcus.mueller at ettus.com
Fri Mar 4 05:55:00 EST 2016

Hi Ke,

I don't understand; packet_utils doesn't really have anything to do with
wireshark. What does your wireshark listen to?

> I know the data should be “whiten”  first and transmit to receiver.
The receiver received the package and then “dewhiten” to actual file data.

Whitening and dewhitening are operations you do on the data for channel
coding. Together with the rest of channel coding, there's also
modulation/demodulation with a given scheme (e.g. BPSK or QPSK or
16-QAM, or OFDM with any constellation on the individual data, or FSK,
or PPM,... ), pulse shaping / filtering, and synchronization in
frequency, symbol timing and frame boundary dimension, aside from the
hardware/physical side of transmission.

Maybe you want to give us the bigger picture. packet_utils alone isn't
useful for transmission; there's always more going on that *may use*
packet_utils (which I, by the way, deprecate in favor of the gr-digital
packet_header_demux architecture).

Best regards,
Marcus