[USRP-users] Ettus N210 FMCW Radar

Martin Braun martin.braun at ettus.com
Thu Mar 3 13:57:28 EST 2016

Simon,

You're probably using timed rx + tx to sync up 2 devices. The delay
you'll see comes from propagation delay inside the DSP chains as well as
analog propagation delay. However, it's deterministic, and you can
calibrate it away.

I did some radar work on N210s a while back, and used a reference target
at a known distance to calibrate. For a coarse estimate, you can also
use you tx/rx leakage, which should be approximately at 0 m in your
range/Doppler plot.

Cheers,
Martin