[USRP-users] Getting started with the E310

Chris Stankevitz cstankevitz at toyon.com
Mon Sep 14 13:35:03 EDT 2015

Hi,

I just got three E310 USRPs.  I turned one on, logged in, and tried "uhd_rx_nogui --frequency=40000000 --modulation=FM".  It died on line 168 calling "make" which apparently was supplied 4 arguments when 3 were expected.

Is this a reasonable command to use to run a "hello world" of the RFFE?  If not, can you recommend a way for me to feel confident that the equipment is working?

Better yet, is there a "getting started" document I can follow?  There is a "Getting Started" guide at http://files.ettus.com/manual/page_usrp_e3x0.html but I do not see where it shows me how to activate the ADC to do something with signals.

Is there a simple way for me to feel confident that the GPS time sync is working?  Normally I use ntpq for this but that appears to not be available on the E310.

Ultimately I would like to receive digitized, GPS-time-stamped samples.  Can you confirm that this is possible by writing my own C app and using uhd::rx_streamer::recv with uhd::rx_metadata_t?

Thank you,

Chris