[USRP-users] USRP N210 with GPSDO - Timestamps and Unlocked

Patel, Priyank Priyank.Patel at gtri.gatech.edu
Thu Oct 29 11:13:57 EDT 2015

Hello,

I have a USRP N210 with a GPSDO module and currently am not getting a GPS lock.  I have left it on for over 30 minutes and know I can get a GPS lock from my location using other GPS systems.  I am using the 3V Active GPS Antenna for the GPSDO kit and seems to be compatible with the USRP N210.  Is there anything else I can do currently to debug this issue, currently I just poll the following command: get_mboard_sensor("gps_locked") and am getting GPS lock status: unlocked.

Once I do get past this problem, I would like to get the GPS timestamp associated with the first received sample when running something like uhd_rx_cfile. From what I understand, this is already sent out but currently it just displays time from when I first turned on the USRP (using the -m option for uhd_rx_cfile to write out the metafile header).  Will this update to the correct GPS time once it is locked or will I have to poll it a different way?

Thanks,

Priyank Patel