[USRP-users] IOError: Could not find path for image: usrp_e310_fpga.bit

Anderson, Douglas J. danderson at its.bldrdoc.gov
Fri Oct 30 14:35:00 EDT 2015

Hi all,

I just logged into an e310 for the first time (over USB serial) and tried to run a demo program. It asked me to:

Please run:

sudo "/usr/lib/uhd/utils/uhd_images_downloader.py"
which I did. There is now no fpga image in /usr/share/uhd/images for the e310.

I've been reading the mailing list and googling for about an hour and most solutions seem to involve setting up the SDK on a host computer and burning the newest version of UHD/GNURadio to the SD card. My problem is, I'm on my MacBook today which does not have that software installed, and I've been unable to get that set up easily on this computer in the past. So what I'd like to do is find a solution that doesn't involve me installing a bunch of stuff on this host computer.

Is there a e310 fpga bit file that works for the stock e310 software that I can "wget" onto the e310? Is there a known good SD card image that I can download and burn?

Thanks!
-Doug