[USRP-users] problem with RFNoC tutorial on x310 with RIO connection;

Lecoq Yann Yann.Lecoq at obspm.fr
Wed Oct 28 12:32:46 EDT 2015

Hello,

I am trying to follow the RFNoC "getting started" tutorial with my x310 connected to a laptop with RIO interface and two UBX160 daughterboards.

I believe I followed the whole procedure without any issue until the "uhd_usrp_probe --init-only" step. I then have the following error:

linux; GNU C++ version 4.8.4; Boost_105400; UHD_003.010.rfnoc-285-gb9765c42

-- X300 initialization sequence...
-- Connecting to niusrpriorpc at localhost:5444...
-- Using LVBITX bitfile /usr/local/share/uhd/images/usrp_x310_fpga_HGS.lvbitx...
-- Setup basic communication...
-- Setup RF frontend clocking...
-- Radio 1x clock:200
-- Detecting internal GPSDO....
UHD Error:
    GPS invalid reply "", assuming none available
No GPSDO found
-- Initialize Radio0 control...
-- Radio 0 Ctrl SID: 00:00>02:30
Error: EnvironmentError: IOError: Radio ctrl (A) no response packet - AssertionError: bool(buff)
  in uint64_t radio_ctrl_core_3000_impl::wait_for_ack(bool)
  at /home/zbook_user/uhdRFNoC/uhd/host/lib/usrp/cores/radio_ctrl_core_3000.cpp:203

I did a full power cycle of both the x310 and host and re-run the whole procedure from the beginning several time without success.

The warning with the GPSDO doesn't seem to be a real problem (I do have a GPSDO board installed, but no antenna connected to it, which was never an issue with the "normal" FPGA image and uhd). The Radio error is of course much more problematic.

Does someone has some idea what could be wrong in what I did ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

-Yann