[USRP-users] RFNoC Host Block Controller

Martin Braun martin.braun at ettus.com
Mon Oct 26 12:57:31 EDT 2015

Andrew,

we're definitely behind on documentation, and this is a good question.

The gist of it is, if NocScript can't express what you need, you need a
C++ class of your own to control your block. However, we anticipate that
most people will *not* need to do this.

If you have the time to watch this video (you can jump to the host-side
section, and the slides are available separately as PDF) you'll see me
explaining this in more detail:
http://www.ettus.com/blog/2015/06/rfnoc-for-high-performance-sdr

As for documentation, we do have a bunch of examples which you already
seem to be aware of.
See e.g. host/lib/rfnoc/window_block_ctrl_impl.cpp: The last line tells
UHD that the Blockname "Window" is mapped to the class in this file, and
that's how custom block control classes are used.

Cheers,
Martin