[USRP-users] about 10 Gig ethernet configuration

Sanjoy Basak sanjoybasak14 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 12:28:56 EDT 2015

Hi Marcus,
Thanks a lot for the quick reply. The kernel version is 3.19.0-31-generic

I just checked again at 30s, 25MSps. I got 4 D and 5 D for 2 consecutive
initiations.

*@30sec*

Setting RX Rate: 25.000000 Msps...

Actual RX Rate: 25.000000 Msps...

Setting RX Freq: 2000.000000 MHz...

Actual RX Freq: 2000.000000 MHz...

Waiting for "lo_locked": ++++++++++ locked.

Press Ctrl + C to stop streaming...

DGot an overflow indication. Please consider the following:

Your write medium must sustain a rate of 100.000000MB/s.

Dropped samples will not be written to the file.

Please modify this example for your purposes.

This message will not appear again.

DDDD

Done!

*@240 sec*

Setting RX Rate: 25.000000 Msps...

Actual RX Rate: 25.000000 Msps...

Setting RX Freq: 2000.000000 MHz...

Actual RX Freq: 2000.000000 MHz...

Waiting for "lo_locked": ++++++++++ locked.

Press Ctrl + C to stop streaming...

DGot an overflow indication. Please consider the following:

Your write medium must sustain a rate of 100.000000MB/s.

Dropped samples will not be written to the file.

Please modify this example for your purposes.

This message will not appear again.

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Done!

This is the netstat right after restarting the computer

netstat -i eth2

Kernel Interface table

Iface MTU Met RX-OK RX-ERR RX-DRP RX-OVR TX-OK TX-ERR TX-DRP TX-OVR Flg

eth0 1500 0 9 0 0 0 26 0 0 0 BMRU

eth1 1500 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 BMU

eth2 9000 0 1084 0 0 0 1153 0 0 0 BMRU

lo 65536 0 177 0 0 0 177 0 0 0 L

And this is netstat after

./rx_samples_to_file --duration 240 --rate 200e6 --freq=2e9 --file /dev/null

which gave a lot of D (did not count how many but a lot)

Kernel Interface table

Iface MTU Met RX-OK RX-ERR RX-DRP RX-OVR TX-OK TX-ERR TX-DRP TX-OVR Flg

eth0 1500 0 94 0 0 0 30 0 0 0 BMRU

eth1 1500 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 BMU

eth2 9000 0 24190524 936 0 0 355025 0 0 0 BMRU

lo 65536 0 183 0 0 0 183 0 0 0 LRU

Best regards

Sanjoy