[USRP-users] Setting Registers in the E310 Flowgraph RFNoC block and seeing them change using Chipscope

Swanson, Craig Craig.Swanson at gtri.gatech.edu
Wed Oct 21 17:31:07 EDT 2015

?Martin and Jonathon,

I have an AGC2 RFNoC block that imitates the Moving_Average example that you have provided.  I chose the moving average because that seems to be the most plain vanilla version that is the least complicated to imitate.  I left some artifacts of the moving_average .xml files because I would break things if I removed all of them because I am not sure I understand how everything works in that demo yet. Especially the $length and streaming.

I have created my agc2.xml, uhd_rfnoc_agc2.xml, .bit files, .grc, files for my AGC2 RFNOC HLS block and have it running on my E310 and am trying to trigger Chipscope.  When I change a register value from the flowgraph, it never indicates a change in Chipscope.

My basic question is there anything else I need to do to link the registers setup in the flowgraph gr-ettus/grc/uhd_rfnoc_agc2.xml file with the uhd_usrp_probe agc2.xml file?

I could provide some examples by copying and pasting here, but I am afraid it would be too large, so I have attached my files.

Craig?

Craig F. Swanson
Research Engineer II
Information and Communications Laboratory
Communications, Systems, and Spectrum Division
Georgia Tech Research Institute
Room 560
250 14th St NW
Atlanta, GA 30318