[USRP-users] E100 + GnuRadio

Marcus D. Leech mleech at ripnet.com
Wed Oct 21 11:48:56 EDT 2015

On 10/21/2015 11:25 AM, Vidak Kazic wrote:

> Dear Marcus,
>
> Thank you very much for your prompt and helpful response. By “module”
> I do indeed refer just to the flow graph, and I do use GRC. I
> successfully transferred the .py script, but after trying to run it
> I’m getting an unexpected error:
>
> root at ettus-e1xx:~# python fir2.py
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>
>   File "fir2.py", line 18, in <module>
>
>     from PyQt4 import Qt
>
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PyQt4/Qt.py", line 1
>
>     from PyQt4.QtCore import *\n
>
>                                ^
>
> SyntaxError: unexpected character after line continuation character

So, one issue is that Qt isn't supported on the E100, and in general,
since the E100 isn't really "desktop computer in a small package",
   running flow-graphs that require graphics support is not
recommended.  But looking at your flow-graph, I see that you haven't
   changed to the "NO Gui" option in the options block.

But a larger issue is that the version of GR on the E100 image is older,
and so you have to have a matching version on the host that
   you develop flow-graphs on.

I'm not sure that there is a newer version of GR available--Phil
Balister was working on it, but ran into extreme problems.

> Could you perhaps have an idea about the reason for this error? The
> script was generated by GRC so I’m somewhat confused by this. Maybe
> trying to update the software would help?
>

> Moreover, would the “source” and “sink” components from GRC
> automatically be mapped to the LFRX and LFTX buses(ports?not sure
> about terminology) on the E100 device? My RF1 port is connected to the
> LFTX daughteroard, and RF2 to LFRX daughterboard, so my goal is to
> send a signal to RF2, and get a filtered signal on RF1. I’ve attached
> the screenshot of the GRC graph, and the .grc file too.

In GRC, "source" corresponds to the receiver side, and "sink"
corresponds to the transmitter side.

You should probably spend some time on the gnuradio website, and also
with the UHD manual here:

http://files.ettus.com/manual/